Todler dress

I love my niece... She is so refreshing... when i grow up i want to be like her! Meanwhile, I thought I made her a dress using a wonderful vintage pattern i bought on Ebay ... with a twist.

Her mom, my sis in law, is from Uganda and so I am keen that she embraces all the layers of her culture...yes, I am making her aware subconsciously if you want to see it that way.
The pattern is super easy and i think, that even if i am saying it myself, the result speaks for it self!
You will need 1 m of washed (to allow any shrinking to take place)  wax dyed African cotton fabric from one of the shops at Middlesex street (by Petticoat lane market), London. I particularly enjoyed making the most of the fabric´s graphics, so that they read as part of the dress.


No comments:

Post a Comment