Mission: Dress for Claire


A friend left the office a few months ago, and my sewing "teacher" and I decided to use the opportunity to make a project together... the pattern was the 7979 Jonny on, but unfortunately another friend who does not sew chose the fabrics, which were so thin that ripped as we tried to sew them...

For months we pretended that the dress was not there, but finally decided to face it back in our own terms.

So we changed materials and modified some of the details on the pattern... I have posted my mark ups in the Burda website too

The new choice of materials was the following: top is white linen The skirt is a wrinkled paper looking like cotton I bought in an African fabrics shop.

For the neck and cuffs we chose a contrasting material from my grandma´s "treasure box"... the buttons are black Crystal... a bit dear but look gorgeous, and she is well worth it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment