Have you ever wondered...

what you will be wearing as you grow older?... I have. Many times. I used to think, when i was a student, that one day i would wear what i wanted... I used to look up to Zaha Hadid, an architect whose work I liked more back in the days....the nineties... and think to myself... everyone is looking for themselves, but she knows who she is. Many speak badly about her and criticise her ways, but i admire that she is herself. I admire that, in everyone, as I have never been very sure of what or who I was...and to be honest still don´t.

As i was saying, i decided that one day, when i grew up (i was 24 then) and became my own boss, i would face the true and look just the way i wanted... wearing cloths consistent to who i would be. I would hopefully have my own practice, design with a client in mind... etc...

Slowly slowly i realised that this day might never come. And if it did, it might be a bit late... so i made myself a promise to spend time getting to know more about who I was and look and dress accordingly.

The first thing I bought in that state of mind was a gorgeous Adolfo Dominguez red "plastic" skirt. When i wear it i still feel a bit like a princess... i think it was meant to be worn in the evening, but I had found myself and i had to live with it-me 24 hours a day,no?

Anyway, looking forward, I am glad that i begun to sew as , at least, if i don't find something i like, all have I to do is change it :-) or make a new version...

But I have decided that, like Zaha, when I am 60 i fancy wearing Issey Miyake´s designs... The only problem I have, is that unless he is planning to last.... a lot... by the time i get to that age, there will not be Miyake.

So, because I have not yet wan the lottery (who knows, maybe one day) I am settling for the next best thing: I am going to buy patterns and I will keep them until then .-) by that time, i will be good enough sewing to be able to do him proud!

These are two of the ones I am considering... looking at them I now see that I don't seem to be planning to actually grow old ...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment